Return To Blog
Laser safety glasses
Are they the right tool for law enforcement?
By Kevin Smith - April 19, 2021
Law enforcement officers are facing an ever growing threat of laser beam attacks. It is important to select the right protection that is designed for law enforcement use. Laser safety glasses are very expensive and often cost several hundred dollars. Laser safety glasses are useless when a gas mask is needed, which leaves the officer unprotected and vulnerable to attack. Officers who wear prescription glasses cannot wear laser safety glasses. Laser safety glasses often cause vision distortion especially when used for long periods of time during night ops. Laser safety glasses work great in controlled laboratory environments, but they do not work well in riot situations.
There must be a better product to protect our law enforcement officers.
The Lazer-Shield is laser beam eye protection specifically designed for law enforcement officers during riot situations across a wide array of duty gear during riot situations.
- The Lazer-Shield is inexpensive when compared to expensive laser safety glasses.
- The Lazer-Shield effectively protects police officers from the growing threat of laser beam attacks during protests by reducing a green, blue or violet laser beam from 1 Watt to a harmless 1/1000 Watt.
- The Lazer-Shield can be installed onto, or used with any gas mask.
- The Lazer-Shield fits onto riot equipment which allows the officer to wear prescription glasses without obstruction.
- The Lazer-Shield allows the officer to have a clear, unobstructed, undistorted field of view at all times.
- The Lazer-Shield is impact resistant, chemical resistant, heat resistant, and fluid resistant.
For more information, pricing, or to request a sample of the Lazer-Shield, please visit our website.