Seer S1608 and S1602
What's the difference?
By Kevin Smith - February 2, 2017
One of the most common questions that we receive is "What is the difference between the Seer S1608 and the Seer S1602? First, both helmets are made from the same outer shell, inner liner, and interior. Information on the materials used to make a Seer Helmet can be found on our website.
The difference between the two helmet models are: 1) visor, 2) paint trim lines, and 3) harness.
- The visor on the S1608 is a black patent leather visor. The visor is non-removable and is attached to the helmet with 2 decorative screw buttons and one center screw. The visor is available with Gold, Silver or without a rank band. The visor is available with "P" or "S" decorative buttons.
- The paint trim on the S1608 is a "straight-line trim". The horizontal trim line is parallel to the ground on the sides and rear of the helmet.
- The helmet harness on the S1608 is a closed ear harness. The closed ear harness has 6 perforated holes for hearing attenuation.
- The visor on the S1602 is a black plastic snap-on visor. The visor snaps onto the helmet with three snaps. The plastic visor is available in Solid or Transparent/Smoke. The visor is available with Gold, Silver or without a rank band.
- The paint trim on the S1602 is a "curved trim". The horizontal trim line follows the curvature of the helmet around the sides and rear of the helmet.
- The helmet harness on the S1602 is an open ear harness. The open ear harness is needed when attaching communication headsets such as the Setcom Helmet Kits. If the Setcom Helmet Kits are purchased at the same time as the helmet, Pull-The-Dot snaps will be installed onto the open ear harness.
At Super Seer we manufacture each helmet by hand at the time of ordering. This allows the user to customize the Seer Helmet in many ways. For example, you can build your Seer Helmet with the S1602 visor, the S1608 paint trim, and the S1602 harness.
Features and details on the Seer S1608
and the Seer S1602
can be found on our website. Here you can build your own Seer S1608 and Seer S1602 using our online webstore. As you enjoy your Seer Helmet for years to come, you may need replacement parts. We have over 40 replacement parts for your Seer Helmet on our website
. At Super Seer we manufacture all of our helmets at our factory in Colorado using USA sourced raw materials. Please contact us
if you have any questions or if you need help building your own Seer Helmet.